Here is a complete recording the Evensong and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament that took place on Feb. 21.
Here is an excerpted recording of the service of Ash Wednesday, held February 18. The Mass setting is the Short Communion in the Phrygian Mode, by Charles Wood
by Fr. Stewart Murray
this article appears in the December issue of Crosstalk, the newspaper of the Diocese of Ottawa
by L. O’Connor
Our parish was one of the first in the Diocese of Ottawa to open an account on Twitter, in April of 2010. It began as a communications channel for the Music Programme at St. Barnabas. At first, there were just a handful of followers. We now count over 250!
Twitter is a social networking – or social media – service that is free for users. Operating on the idea that brevity is the soul of wit, Twitter limits messages to 140 characters.
Here is a complete recording of the Feast of All Saints, held Nov. 1.
Here is a complete recording of the Evensong and Solemn Benediction held Oct. 18 to mark the Church's dedication.
Organ Music: Vespers - Leslie Betteridge
Opening Sentences Preces and Responses - Sarum Plainsong
Psalm: 122 (Laetatus sum) - Tone IV.6
First Lesson: Office Hymn: "In our day of thanksgiving" (St. Catherine's Court)
By Fr. Stewart Murray
This article previously appeared in Crosstalk, the newspaper of the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa
The choir has gone on summer break, but here are the musical selections of the Jazz Vespers service in which the parish choir participated, along with tenor saxophonist Richard Page, on June 7. The service took place at All Saints' Westboro.
By Fr. Stewart Murray
This article previously appeared in Crosstalk, the newspaper of the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa.
- Organ Music: Saraband for the Morning of Easter, Herbert Howells
- Invitatory: Christ, whose glory fills the skies, Keith Bissell (1912-1992)
- Processional Hymn 158: "The Lamb's high banquet called to share" (St. Venantius)
- Bidding Prayer
- Carol: Rise up, my love, my fair one, Healey Willan (1880-1968)
- First Lesson: Ezekiel 37: 1-14
- Carol: Cantate Domino, H.L. Hassler (1564-1612)
- second Lesson: John 20: 11-18
- Carol: Love is come again, French trad., arr. Martin Shaw