by Fr. Stewart Murray
this article appears in the December issue of Crosstalk, the newspaper of the Diocese of Ottawa
by L.K. O’Connor
Our parish was one of the first in the Diocese of Ottawa to open an account on Twitter, eight years ago, in April of 2010. It began as a communications channel for the Music Programme at St. Barnabas. At first, there were just a handful of followers. We now count over 440! Twitter is a social networking – or social media – service that is free for users.
Here is a complete recording of the Feast of All Saints, held Nov. 1.
Here is a complete recording of the Evensong and Solemn Benediction held Oct. 18 to mark the Church's dedication.
Organ Music: Vespers - Leslie Betteridge
Opening Sentences Preces and Responses - Sarum Plainsong
Psalm: 122 (Laetatus sum) - Tone IV.6
First Lesson: Office Hymn: "In our day of thanksgiving" (St. Catherine's Court)
By Fr. Stewart Murray
This article previously appeared in Crosstalk, the newspaper of the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa
The choir has gone on summer break, but here are the musical selections of the Jazz Vespers service in which the parish choir participated, along with tenor saxophonist Richard Page, on June 7. The service took place at All Saints' Westboro.
By Fr. Stewart Murray
This article previously appeared in Crosstalk, the newspaper of the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa.
- Organ Music: Saraband for the Morning of Easter, Herbert Howells
- Invitatory: Christ, whose glory fills the skies, Keith Bissell (1912-1992)
- Processional Hymn 158: "The Lamb's high banquet called to share" (St. Venantius)
- Bidding Prayer
- Carol: Rise up, my love, my fair one, Healey Willan (1880-1968)
- First Lesson: Ezekiel 37: 1-14
- Carol: Cantate Domino, H.L. Hassler (1564-1612)
- second Lesson: John 20: 11-18
- Carol: Love is come again, French trad., arr. Martin Shaw
Complete service of Easter Sunday, April 5, 2015.
1. Organ Prelude: Sarabande for the Morning of Easter, Herbet Howells
2. Processional Hymn 624: "Hail thee, Festival Day!" (Salve Festa Dies)
5. Kyrie, Missa Brevis in F major, Harold Darke (1888-1976)
6. Gloria, Missa de Angelis
8. First lesson: Acts 10: 34-43
9. Psalm 118
10. Epistle: 1 Corinthians 15: 1-11
11. Gradual Hymn: 133 "Jesus Christ is risen today" (Easter Hymn)
12. Gradual Proper and Tract